Classic Welding and Fabrication Inc. is a value-driven precision metal product manufacturer known for its innovative, efficient, and cost-effective manufacturing solutions. We partner with our OEM clients, working with them supplying design support through delivery of the final product, manufacturing high quality, sheet metal fabricated and stamped products. Our unique blend of experienced staff, design and engineering expertise, and advanced, automated CNC punching, fabricating, and assembly equipment ensures that your products will meet or exceed your expectations.
- We review and evaluate each design to determine the most efficient manufacturing process. In addition, our design and engineering staff leverage their application expertise to suggest design modifications that can assist in optimizing product performance and reduce manufacturing costs.
- Our innovative solutions are proven to be cost-effective, reducing material usage, processing and manufacturing time, while meeting or exceeding existing product performance requirements. We have achieved cost reductions over 20%, reduced cycle times from 20-60%, and reduced material usage from 4-17%.
- With 220,000 sq. ft. production facilities (Minnesota) equipped with fully automated fabrication, punching, stamping, and welding equipment, our company has the capabilities to manufacture your metal parts – from prototype through full-rate production runs.
We understand that the quality and performance of your finished product relies on the quality and performance of the components and parts you use. Our staff collaborates with your design and engineering teams to review the design properties, recommending changes that will improve product quality and performance while reducing costs and production time.
- Our engineers and manufacturing staff are committed to providing each project with “best-in-class” design assistance, manufacturing process recommendations, and high quality, precision metal products – all supported by world-class customer service.
Sheet Metal Punching Services
Classic Welding and Fabrication Inc. has earned a reputation for precision metal fabrication and precision sheet metal punching, manufacturing key components that meet the most exacting tolerances. Our metal fabrication facilities are equipped with automated machinery from global leaders, including Trumpf, Salvagnini, Mitsubishi, Cincinnati, and others. Our equipment is supported by Stopa and Mitsubishi materials management automation systems. The Trumpf TruPunch 5000 is the industry leader in productivity, reliability, and flexibility for metal punching applications. Controls allow individual automation solutions for diverse applications – including the ability to punch, cluster punch, form, edge roll, rolling offset flanges, countersink, counterbore, emboss, louver, extrude, tap, hinge barrel punch form, deburr, part mark, etch, and cut blank extraction in the same process, for efficient, precise processing.
High Precision /Tight Tolerances – With position accuracy at +/- 0.004” and repeatability to position at +/- 0.001”, our precision sheet metal punching services deliver the precision you require for your metal products. We have the capability to punch parts with complex patterns and complex geometries, while maintaining precision and high volume production rates.
Scratch-Free Processing – Our automated punching and panel bending / forming equipment provide precise movement of materials as they flow through the manufacturing process. Precision tooling eliminates burring and rough edges. As a result, your parts are manufactured scratch-free and imprint-free, reducing the need for polishing and finishing.
Flexible Processing – Many parts require multiple processes to complete. Parts with complex configurations and geometries can be produced to the tightest tolerances at production speeds, saving material and manufacturing costs.
- Cost savings can be realized by designing parts with interlocking part features, notches, tabs, hinges, and special shape cut outs to reduce fixture requirements and eliminating fasteners.
- Complex shapes and cut-outs can be punched or extruded in a single process, increasing precision and repeatability, reducing production time, and saving costs. Automated tooling can punch or extrude shapes such as louvers, progressive louvers, hinges, grommets, progressive ribs, lance and forms, and knockouts. In addition, we can punch install countersink, counterbore, and emboss-formed features.
- Applications requiring self-tapping screws, tube holders, or air flow access holes can be precision punched and extruded in a single process.
Formed parts – TruPunch 5000 capabilities include multi-bend tools that can form flanges, offset forms, progressive stiffening ribs, and parts that require a bend or bent offset flange edge, all in one process. Handling multiple jobs within one manufacturing process increases the precision and avoids tolerance stack-up of the finished part – the part is held within the same work holding skeleton and does not move. Production speeds and precision are maintained.
Edge deburring – our punching equipment is designed to eliminate the burrs and sharp edges commonly generated during punching. A cylindrical wheel with 45-degree angle follows punched part’s outer edge, eliminating the burr during the punching operation. In addition, our manufacturing process is designed to prevent burrs – maintaining sharp tools and keeping precision alignments when punching and extruding.
Maximum Productivity – Classic Welding and Fabrication Inc. is committed to maximizing the productivity throughout all operations in order to meet your production deadlines while minimizing production costs. Our commitment to manufacturing quality products will never be compromised.
- We are committed to using the latest technology and automation in order to leverage innovations in production flexibility, accuracy and speed. We invest in equipment from industry-leading manufacturers, and ensure that our staff is trained in the latest processes.
- Our design and engineering staff reviews each design to determine the best method for manufacturing it, and to determine if design modifications will improve performance or manufacturing efficiency and cost-effectiveness.